Monday, October 26, 2009

Red Cross Donations

So today I collected the donations contributed by the local government unit and my high school for the victims of the recent natural calamities here in the Philippines. All together the two agencies donated 751 pesos or $15.98 U.S. This may seem like a meager sum however the tough economic times has been felt world-wide and my community is no exception. In fact, the economic crisis has arguably hit the developing world exponentially harder, affecting those living on humble monthly budgets far harder than those in the developed world. That said, I am extremely proud of my community banding together to support their kababayan, or countrymen, up north. I sent the money as a direct donation to the Philippines Red Cross this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps