Friday, October 16, 2009

Blast from the Past

So I was sitting in the park earlier this evening, minding my own business, when a student I had last year walked up to me. After catching up a little bit, him complimenting me on my improved Visaya and I complimenting his improved English, he told me was was going to college in Manila and was back in town for his grandpa's funeral. After asking him about how school was going, he told me he is a computer science student now and is about a year ahead of his peers. He told me all this and concluded it by saying that it was because of the class Sir Erwin and I taught and, specifically, because of the web design class I had introduced to the curriculum last school year.
Current Song: "I'm Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves

1 comment:

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps