Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Day at the Beach with the 4th Year

Saturday, November 28, I joined my fourth year and Sir Erwin on a beach outing. We went to our favorite spot (and the only sandy spot for many kilometers), PNOC, referred to as "penok" but stands for Philippine National Oil Corporation, who owns the lot.
The decision to go to the beach that Saturday afternoon was made at about 5:00 p.m. the evening before and I didn't know it was happening until about an hour before, when I received a text from my counterpart, Sir Erwin. This is usually how I find out about things and I have learned to be quite flexible.
Anyway, I took some transport out and met the students and sir Erwin already preparing BBQ fish, caught fresh that morning, and other delectables: kinilaw papaya, dugo sa baboy (congealed and BBQ'd pigs blood), pancit and butong salad.
We stayed out until about 5:30 when the sun started to go down. We had a blast: eating, playing games, building sand volcanoes (see below), having a chika, singing, eating.
To see more pictures from that day, please check out my picasa web album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps